Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Catwalk We Won't Forget !

Chanel Fall/Winter 2010 Show at Paris Fashion Week, icebergs, global warming, faux fur
Chanel Fall/Winter 2010 Collection 
Chanel is known for their amazing fashion show productions, to promote their new collections each season. To be honest, I have never watched a Chanel runway show, but when I came across this headline I could not resist not to watch it. We are all  accustom to the idea that a fashion show consists of a runway,lights, paparazzi and models. But could you ever imagine seeing a 260 ton iceberg on a runway? Is it possible you may ask? Well ladies and gents, yes! Yes it is 110% possible.


On March 9th, 2010, Karl Lagerfeld (head designer of Chanel) showed off his creativity to his audience at the Grand Palais, Paris for his  Chanel Fall/Winter 2010 Collection, as he unveiled a 265 ton iceberg from Sweden on his runway (1). After watching it, I don't know if the people were more interested in the fashion being presented or that huge white box on stage. It was a show stopper. Lagerfeld said his inspiration was the Ice Hotel in Sweden (1).

Ensemble #57
Aside from the show stopping iceberg, I was very pleased with the designs that Lagerfeld brought fourth in this show. All the garments were made from fake fur(2) and unique designs. He followed the color pattern of the whites, greys, blacks, browns and reds. There was a wide variety of tweed jackets, fur bags and dresses. The one ensemble I loved was #57(the photo above). It has that winter white and grey colors that brighten the outfit up with the contrast of black. It is a very classy and elegant piece of art in my opinion.
Surprisingly, this has not been the first time Chanel's Lagerfeld has surprised everyone. In January 2013 for his Spring Collection, he made a forest path as his runway with the ensembles being bright and radiant colors to clash with the backdrop (3). Many celebrities praise Chanel's shows because of the unexpected factor and it's amazing authenticity of true passion for fashion.

Ensemble #4 
This fashion show was the 'tip of the iceberg'! The Chanel team came together to make a bold statement in the fashion history and that is what Chanel is known for. Runway shows are how high end brands expand the demand of their products and gives the brands a chance to present the face of their label anyway they want. To be honest, I think the city of Windsor should have more fashion shows for the higher end brand names that we have here. I know it wouldn't be as extravagant as Chanel's shows, but I think it would give a boost of inspiration for higher end brand names to invest here.


Question of the week : If you could design and put together your own fashion show, what would be your theme or color scheme ? What season collection would you be promoting?

*** To see more ensembles of Lagerfeld's creativity click the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page!! Happy looking!!
http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autumn-winter-2010/ready-to-wear/chanel







(1):http://www.ecouterre.com/chanels-karl-lagerfeld-unsure-about-global-warming-prepares-for-ice-age/
(2): http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autumn-winter-2010/ready-to-wear/chanel
(3):http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2013CTR-CHANEL/      


4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to a fashion show. They seem very interesting and I would love to watch all the new fashion. Sometimes when I see outfits from the shows I honestly wonder how someone can come up with those idea.. Some of them are great and some well are interesting. If I could plans show I would have a whole show on maxi dresses I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That iceberg thing is crazy! Talk about money! Jeez! I wonder why they wouldn’t just create a very life-like but FAKE iceberg? I can’t imagine walking the runway in melted iceberg water was easy! Original idea though! Very interesting blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so interesting! After reading this blog I really want to watch one of these fashion shows! If I were to design my own fashion show it would probably be a show on formal gowns, like prom dresses and wedding dresses and such. I love all the different styles and colours, I could try on dresses all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Chanel really goes big for their fashion shows! I’ve always wanted to attend a runway fashion show to see all this high class models with all these amazing clothes from a wonderful collection. Plus, knowing that although it is mainly about the clothing, the dĂ©cor really can be the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete